Robert Half is recruiting a Financial Controller for a Tech start-up.
- Reporting direct to the FD;
- Financial Operations (Billing, Credit & Collections, Systems, Purchase to Pay)
- Transactional Accounting (day to day general ledger management)
- Internal Controls (policies & procedures, best practices)
- Statutory Compliance (VAT / Companies House filings / annual audit process)
- Monthly reporting / Mgmt. Accounting (Financial Statement preparation, KPIs, variance analysis, the narrative around why results are what they are and call to action where appropriate)
- Ad hoc support to FD and wider Mgmt. Team
- Industry experience in Tech / SaaS environment in the UK
- Demonstrable Controlling / Financial Operations experience -- knows what good looks like / best practices
- Familiar with SaaS business model and Accounting rules/best practices as they relate to this sector
- Has played a role in scaling up a start-up / high growth business or as part of a major business transformation (M&A, restructuring, IPO)
- Formal Accounting background (degree, qualification in UK or abroad, trained at recognisable Accounting firm or graduate programme at recognisable corporate)
- Some international experience would be a plus
- Some managerial experience would be beneficial as it is expected the team will grow.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice