Robert Half Finance and Accounting are recruiting for a permanent Financial Accountant to join a rapidly growing business based in Newport.
This is an exciting new role in the business. Our client is looking for a qualified accountant to work with the FC and management accounts team to assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts and the annual Financial Statements. You will work very closely with the Finance team and report into the FC. You will have a passion for the industry and the ability to efficiently analyse large amounts of data and work to strict deadlines.
Our client is embarking on a significant expansion into the global markets with growth of 30%+ forecast over the next year. This role has been created to assist with facilitating that growth.
- Work closely with the Financial Controller and Management Accountant to ensure the period-end is accurate, completed in a timely manner and runs smoothly.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts pack for both the UK and US companies.
- Responsible for Intercompany balances and reconciliations.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts for the UK and US companies, including consolidation.
- Assist with the annual statutory audit.
- Assist the Tax Manager with UK and international tax requirements.
- Responsible for instigating and managing monthly internal audit with assistance from the management accounting team.
- ACA/ACCA qualified - Big 4 or top 20 practice trained
- Sound understanding of financial reporting - up to date with current reporting standards
- US experience desirable
- Previous experience working within a retail business preferable
- Excellent communication skills - a proven ability to converse with peers and senior leaders
- Self-motivated, proactive with the ability to take ownership
- Ambitious and commercially minded
- Good time management skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to build excellent working relationships, talking and listening
- Being a brand ambassador
- Being honest and respectful
Salary & Benefits
- Incremental holiday entitlement, plus birthday day off
- Annual profit share scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Great social events
- Large staff discount
- Ongoing training and educational development initiatives
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice