Head of Finance
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are recruiting for a qualified Financial Controller to join a growing manufacturing business based in Swansea.
A fantastic opportunity to become the Head of Finance of a dynamic Manufacturing company. You will play a key role in driving the commercial performance of the business and it's key business metrics. The role includes the management of IT along with the opportunity to select the right managed service provider and enable the business to maximise its productivity through technology. The successful candidate for this role will need to demonstrate the skills and experience to be able to think strategically and still offer the hands on support needed in a growing SME.
As the Head of Finance you will be responsible for the following:
- Controlling the assets, liabilities and forecasting the cash requirements of the business
- Leading a small team, responsible for providing the Management Accounting, and Performance reporting of the business, including standard costing
- Working with the Senior Management Team in order to drive and improve the performance of the manufacturing facility, the distribution business and the overall commercial performance of the organisation
- Implementing and developing new and existing KPI's
- Providing and developing customer and product profitability levels
- Providing competitor and product comparison information
- Reviewing customer performance and maintaining appropriate credit limits in line with the credit insurance
- Supporting the pricing policy and customer price review process
- Forecasting and planning currency requirements, conversion and hedges
- Budgeting, Forecasting and provide key analysis and trends on business unit performance and efficiency
- Producing the MI pack by day 5 after close
- Producing the Statutory accounts, tax returns and R&D tax credit applications with the external auditors
- Preparing the payroll, pension returns, VAT returns and all, other statutory reports and requirements
- Providing the bank with ID account reconciliation and quarterly MI
- Ensuring and overseeing the correct export and import procedures and paperwork including letters of credit
- Managing the third party IT provider and ensuring the third party helps the business to use the best technology available
- Credit control and minimising the company draw down of debt
The successful candidate will be professionally qualified (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) and posses a strong commercial background with the flexibility to operate in a dynamic environment
- Capable of leading a small team and being accountable as the Number 1 Finance person on site
- Hands-on with the ability to work across departments and communicate at a senior level
- Highly analytical, with a strong Management Accounting and KPI reporting background, likely from a medium size company
- Results driven, high energy with an enthusiasm and ambition to make a key difference
- Have the ability to generate ideas, lead teams and manage change
The business is over 100 years old and operates in the fast moving consumer goods sector. Selling and manufacturing packaging to the food, drink, pharma and household sectors. The product portfolio includes the manufacture of a cellulose based biodegradable substrate. The business imports and exports a large part of the portfolio so currency management is also key to the role including a 3 currency ID facility.
Salary & Benefits
- Annual salary of £35,000 - 45,000 depending on experience.
- Competitive pension
- Additional benefits in line with a senior management position
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice