Purchase Ledger Clerk
Purpose of Job / Key Objectives
- Responsible for coding and checking invoices, working out VAT payments, checking and reconciling statements and dealing with all purchase enquiries.
- Processing supplier invoices, credit notes and ensuring suppliers are paid to term.
- Provide excellent customer service to suppliers, internal and external clients.
- Working as one team and communicating with the Purchasing Co-ordinators to ensure the end to end Purchase to pay function is adhered to and in accordance to the service level agreements set out within the business.
- Responsible for key supplier accounts.
- Account control, process and reconciliation of a utility contract - water/gas/electric
- Postal duties of all incoming office post, and distribution to the relevant teams.
- Nominal and VAT coding of Non purchase order invoices, and ensuring correct approvals prior to processing into the ledgers.
- Process purchase order invoices, matching the goods on the invoice, against goods received, investigating any discrepancies with the relevant person, and arranging credit notes if appropriate, or further invoice approval for variances.
- Scan and save Utility invoices into the central shared location. Filing of invoice batches in a timely manner.
- Supplier Statement Reconciliations.
- Communication via telephone, e-mail and face to face.
- Adhoc duties as required in line with business requirements
- Reconciliation of the Age Creditors and GRNI for relevant contracts managed
- Educated to a reasonable standard (5 GCSE's)
- Minimum 12 months purchase ledger experience
- Adhering to company Health & Safety
- Excellent organisational skills
- High volume data input with accuracy
- Meticulous record keeping skills
- Good communication skills
- Good basic finance skills
- IT/Computer literate
- Team Player
- Customer care skills
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice