Scope of the Job
The office manager has responsibility for a range of activities including Finance, Health & Safety and Administration. They will manage and support meetings and provide some Personal Assistance to the Director.
The office manager will have oversight of the administration team and will act on behalf of and represent the company as required.
The office manager will work together to ensure that resources are managed efficiently and in line with probity, thereby supporting the company as it seeks to achieve its strategic aims.
The post holder will be expected to liaise with schools, governors, clergy, local and national agencies and other departmental staff.
Management and Administration
- Provide line management and support to a small administration team, delegating tasks, offering training, peer support and coaching as required.
- Support and train administration staff as required in respect of the procedures and processes, including user-facing finance system.
Ensure the efficient provision of administrative services including:
- Manage meetings (full board and two committees)
- Clerk the meetings and its sub-committees
- Liaise with the Assistant Director in order to prepare agendas for meetings, ensure papers are accurately prepared and distributed on time
- Plan events in partnership with the DDE and/or ADDE (Headteacher/Teacher & Governor conferences, training courses).
- Process the appointment of Foundation Governors
- Coordinate the production and dissemination of the DBE bulletin
- Filter incoming mail: sorting, redirecting, prioritising and acting as appropriate
- Manage the Director's diary and appointments, ensuring effective use of time
- Act as the initial point of contact for the DDE in her absence, assessing priorities and re-directing calls, enquiries and requests as necessary
Work with the Finance team to:
- Maintain communication with professional advisors and organisations such as Investment Managers, Auditors, Payroll and VAT specialists
- Oversee invoicing for courses and services and drive credit control processes
- Ensure income and expenditure transactions are correctly coded to the correct budget to facilitate timely and accurate management accounts
- Manage the Financial Planning & Analysis Cycle integrating the monthly management accounts, budgets and forecasts
- Ensure DBE financial deadlines are met
- Prepare financial information for reporting as required by the DBE or auditors
- Ensure the effective operation of the DBE's financial control procedures addressing and reporting any issues on a timely basis
- Work with the DBE accountant to ensure accurate and timely production of statutory financial statements
Work with the DDE to:
- Prepare a realistic and balanced annual budget
- Manage the agreed budget to monitor and control performance to achieve value for money
- Identify, report and explain any significant financial variances and identify solutions to resolve any underlying issues
- Advise the DDE if fraudulent activities are suspected or uncovered.
- Procure services and supplies.
- Source and apply for grants.
Health & Safety
- Act as the DBE's Health & Safety Co-ordinator
- Ensure the DBE's written Health & Safety policy statement is clearly communicated, accessible and is appropriately implemented
- Enable regular consultation in respect of Health & Safety issues
- Ensure systems are in place to enable the identification of hazards and risk assessments
- Drive action plans for remedy of health and safety deficiencies
- To comply with all policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements
- The flexibility to work additional/out of hours as necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role and meet the business needs
- To respect the unique contribution of every individual and work positively in an equal opportunity and diverse environment
The post holder may be required to apply for a disclosure check.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice