Robert Half are working with an established business based in Swindon who are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their time on a full-time permanent basis.
The main responsibility of this role is to undertake a range of tasks as part of the Finance Team and to develop the skills and understanding to provide cover and rotate functions where deemed necessary. This is to include assisting with the maintenance of the business's debtor book, ensuring money owed to the business is collected on a timely basis.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Supplier account reconciliations
- Liaison with the Helpdesk & Operations team to resolve customer/supplier queries
- Liaison with suppliers to resolve differences
- Entering and managing data on the automated accounts system
- Completing Cash collection (via DD), payments via BACs and bank reconciliations procedures
- Daily billing to customers
- Month-end and rotational tasks as required
- Regular reporting to the Finance Manager of current debts outstanding
- To liaise with Customers on outstanding invoices and ensure that monies are paid in line with agreed terms
The ideal candidate will have:
- A clear interest in and understanding of numbers
- A logical and systematic approach to problem solving
- An aptitude to learn new finance specific system processes and protocols
- An awareness of the importance of controls and good governance
- Able to communicate clearly and relate financial requirements to business activities
- Has started studying or has a desire to commence studying AAT
- Works to a high level of accuracy and has a keen eye for detail
- Comfortable dealing with non-finance staff
- Good Excel skills including the use of formulas and pivot tables and have a willingness to develop those skills
A well established business based in Swindon who offer excellent training and development.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full time permanent position paying between £17,000 and £20,000 pa DOE plus an attractive benefits package including on-site parking and pension.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice