Robert Half are recruiting an Accounts Assistant with a growing business based in Swindon on a full-time permanent basis. Our client is looking for someone with experience of both accounts payable and credit control in a high volume processing environment.
Working in a small team you will be a team player, be able to support others and carry out a variety of duties. Liaising with both internal teams and external customers you must be professional and friendly and have a strong telephone manner. The role will involve but not be limited to:
- Account reconciliations
- Resolving internal/external queries.
- Data entry using an automated accounts system.
- Cash collections via direct debit.
- Payments via BACS.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Helping with month end where required.
- Credit control entire process including: distribution of customer statements, reporting of currents debts outstanding, communicating with customers about outstanding invoices and monies owed.
The ideal profile
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of credit control and accounts payable and be studying towards a recognised accounting qualification. Previous accounts experience is essential as there is a lot of responsibility within this role so you must be able to hit the ground running. A strong phone manner is essential as you will be liaising with clients as well as senior employees internally.
Salary and benefits:
- £18,000- £21,000 dependant on experience.
- Pension contribution at 3%.
- Study support.
- Private healthcare after a years' service.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice