Counter is delighted to be assisting one of the UK's leading accountancy firms, that focus on supporting high growth tech start-ups, in hiring a Tax Consultant. Due to their continued expansion they are now looking for an experienced consultant to join their high performing tax advisory practice, working with some of the UK’s fastest growing tech start-ups.
This is an advisory role, focussing on issues experienced by Owner Managed Businesses and associated Business Tax issues, in supporting the wider accounting practice.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment, interacting with entrepreneurial, ground breaking founders. They engage with all of the start-up community and pride themselves on being a fun and easy team to deal with. As such, they have a great base of interesting, innovative clients, and their team is passionate about the industry and helping to build successful businesses.
Essential Experience / Skills Required:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a tax-related role
- Experience of advising on S/EIS and employee share options schemes is crucial
- Experience of dealing with HMRC enquiries
- Experience of advising on Transfer Pricing, Corporation Tax and VAT issues
- Experience of training junior members of staff in tax issues
- Commercial awareness and business acumenComfortable with direct client management and contact
- Comfortable working with members of other teams within the practice including those working with management accounts and statutory accounts
- ACA / ACCA / ATT / CTA qualified
- Bonus scheme
- No timesheets!
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for progression
- Flexible working hours