Finance Assistant / Finance Administrator
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Position: Full Time, Permanent
Support the production of quality output of the finance processes on the finance team which include FRS17 valuations, annual contributions data processing and quarterly reconciliation, and receipt of monthly payments of contribution income for Fund employers and agency clients. This work will predominantly deal with Hertfordshire CC clients, but may also cover other company's client funds.
The Organisation has active employers and employers with pensioner members, requiring the maintenance of strong and effective employer/client relationships, and administers the Local Government, Police and Fire fighters' pension schemes. You will be a key member of the finance side within the Payroll, Data and Control team. Your role will be to provide administrative and accountancy support for the delivery of services provided by the team. In addition, you will liaise with external business partners who provide investment, banking and accounting services.
- Work closely with Team leaders and other team members to ensure the team's workload is processed accurately and timely; providing excellent service delivery and customer service to members and clients
- Responsibility for own annual appraisal and learning and development plans
- Maintain client records and archive systems, in accordance with departmental procedure, policy and statutory requirements as well as following LPFA data protection procedures to be compliant with ISO 27001
- Read all regulation, known errors, technical and process change updates provided and understand their effect on own workload
- Ensure that a quality, accurate and timely service is provided in line with Organisation's Service Level Agreements, contractual obligations and external deadlines
- Liaise with staff, employers, agency clients, contractors and external agencies as required
- Analyse, monitor and complete your workflow cases on the team and assist the team to ensure deadlines and contract requirements are met
- Promote and support diversity in the workplace and adhere to the organisation's diversity and environmental policies
- Continually developing own skills by attending all required training courses and maintaining an up to date knowledge of Pensions regulations
- Support the work of the team in the production of financial and other relevant management information for financial accounting and statutory reporting according to prescribed timescales. This requires the collation and analysis of financial data using financial accounting systems and the use of spread sheet software to manipulate data
- Deliver work effectively and responsibility for the accurate and timely processing of data and maintenance of records. This includes processing contributions to the Pension Fund, resolving queries with external contacts and the maintenance of database information
- Provide timely and business focused information and advice and to respond, in a professional and customer focused manner, to queries from managers, external contacts and other stakeholders. This includes the provision of both verbal and written advice on a daily basis in response to correspondence, email and telephone queries from the team's customers
- Ensure that daily finance processes are followed effectively and accurately within required timescales
- Ensure that the team are able to deliver on the close down finance processes and are followed effectively and accurately within required timescales
- Proactively update and identify your development and training needs including technical and customer focused and be prepare evidence for appraisals in accordance with the corporate timetable
- The duties and responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present. The post holder is expected to accept any reasonable alterations that may from time to time be necessary
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to build sound relationships with managers, staff and other stakeholders
- Strong organisational and planning skills with the ability to adhere to deadlines at all times
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to deliver solutions within a team environment
- Excellent IT skills including application of the Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly use of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to pay attention to detail and analyse large amounts of information using computerised and manual techniques
- Previous experience in a Local Government Pension Scheme environment
- An understanding of the breadth of the diversity agenda including embedding good practice and an understanding of LPFA's and the public sector's commitment to combating discrimination and promoting equality of opportunity
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
The Company is keen to promote a diverse workforce to maximise our ability to provide quality services to all their customers. Reasonable adjustment will be made to working arrangements to accommodate a person with a disability who otherwise would be prevented from undertaking the work.
Candidates with the relevant experience, qualifications, and job titles of: Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Purchase Ledger, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Officer, Accounts Officer, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Assistant Accountant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Analyst, Finance Analyst may also be considered for this role