Accountant / Bookkeeper
Counter is delighted to be assisting one of the world's leading, disruptive, digital temp staffing marketplace in hiring an Accountant / Bookkeeper. Their on-demand staffing platform aims to tear down all the barriers to job search and hiring and to date they have raised over €100 million in funding from top-tier VCs, generated 400% year-on-year revenue growth and have helped over 10M jobseekers and 150K businesses globally. Their key clients include Amazon, H&M, Just Eat, Uber, Cabify, Orange, Vodafone.
To support their growing business they are looking for an Accountant / Bookkeeper to join their team and work closely supporting the CFO.
- Review and issue of all sales invoices on a weekly basis
- Review of weekly sales and expenses – ensuring margins are correct
- Reconciling our bank accounts
- Significant involvement in the month end close
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns for review
- Credit control and cash collection reporting
- Analyse and advise on our financial performance
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge
- Answers accounting procedure questions through research and interpretation of accounting policy
Requirements and Skills
- Strong interest in the on-demand labour space and excitement to challenge the status quo
- High-growth startup experience a strong advantage
- Excellent analytical skills, expert user of Excel/Sheets used to working with large data sets
- Proficient in the use of accounting systems (familiarity with Quickbooks is a plus)
- Excellent problem solver, experience with process design and improvement
- Attention to detail balanced with swift execution
- A self-starter attitude and the ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
Their business has tremendous potential and is moving out of its launch phase, which produced fantastic results and attracted a number of high-profile, high-volume clients. To take this market to the next level, they need you to join their growing UK team. This role is a rare opportunity to take your career to the next level; they can guarantee a challenging, fast-paced tech start-up environment, no bureaucracy, and the chance to work closely with their UK CFO.