Payroll Administrator (Maternity Cover)
We are delighted to be assisting a local accountancy practice in their search for a Payroll Administrator (maternity cover).
The main function of the role is maintaining clients’ payrolls and assisting the Payroll Services team to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the department.
This is a full time maternity leave cover position beginning with immediate effect for up to 12 months with the possibility of extension.
- The successful applicant would work in their Exeter Payroll Services department, which act for many businesses such as those who do not have, or do not want, expensive, labour intensive and highly specialised payroll facilities of their own. The team provides a seamless and efficient service to an expanding client base across Devon and the South West.
- This is an ideal opportunity for an adaptable, organised, highly efficient and numerate person to join their expanding payroll team.
- You will be part of the practical day-to-day running of clients’ payrolls working as part of a busy and committed team. This will include, processing tax and allowances and delivering regular management updates.
- Experience within payroll and familiarity of Sage Payroll software is essential. More important is that you are cheerful, adaptable and enthusiastic and able to thrive in a busy office environment.
- You will also be used to meeting tight deadlines, motivated and have an extremely high attention to detail with excellent keyboard and IT skills, especially a good knowledge of Excel.
- 22 days annual leave (plus public holidays).
- Hours 37.5 per week with flexible working (part-time may be available for the right candidate).
- Pension with employer contributions and life assurance
- Private health insurance