FD Designate (Head of Finance)
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are partnering with SA Global for the recruitment of their newly created role; Head of Finance (FD Designate). For the successful candidate this is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growth business with big ambitions.
About SA Global
SA Global provides Microsoft Dynamics implementation services and industry-specific solutions to customers in over 80 countries worldwide. We're one of the leading global Microsoft partners and every day we help over 250,000 Dynamics users worldwide to deliver operational excellence and financial performance for their organisations.
We're a different kind of consulting company. We're run by consultants not by marketing people or investors. We're agile, committed and capable as we've proven repeatedly for our customers. We are passionate about technology and Microsoft business applications and in the newly created role of Head of Finance you will be responsible for overseeing the management reporting, annual account and budget for the European entity.
Ystrad Mynach / Cardiff
How We Work
- We are nothing without our quality standards and will always favour providing the best outcomes over a rushed job. Our customers are our world and we are committed to their success.
- SA Global is about a culture of collaboration, charged by the innovative ideas and approaches of our team collectively. Ideas are shared, built upon and improved, not trophies to be won.
- We work in a constantly changing industry built on the forefront of new technology. This brings ongoing opportunities to learn, bring world class expertise to our clients and grow as an organisation.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Finance will be responsible for the line management of the Financial Controller, Financial Accountant, Project Management Accountant and Accounts Assistant.
- Overseeing the production of monthly management reports, analysis and forecasts for the European entity.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and returns for SA Global Europe.
- Production and update of SA Global Europe budgets.
- Overseeing the maintenance of accurate cash flow projections.
- Ongoing development of financial systems and processes.
- Supporting commercial, investment and strategic decisions.
- Re-evaluating existing financial processes for time and expense, billing and other related areas.
- Supporting M&A activity - particularly the integration of new businesses into the SA Global group.
- Liaising with other legal entities and the group finance function, working across various time zones and remote ways of working.
- Full line management and day to day operational responsibility for the existing finance team (x4).
- Interact with a wide variety of customers and stakeholders at all levels of the business, providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Ongoing commitment to continuous professional development; completing relevant development activities in a timely manner when necessary.
- Represent the business professionally and positively at all times.
- Carry out additional, reasonable duties and ad-hoc finance projects as may occur from time to time as instructed by the Managing Director or members of Senior Management.
- Qualified Accountant status (CIMA/ACC/ACA)
- Currently employed in senior finance role for a medium sized customer-focused company in the services sector.
- Previous experience working within an international group structure.
- Previous exposure to inter-company trading.
- Acquisition, restructuring and integration experience
- Audit experience from current or previous roles.
- Strong Systems skills; adaptable in picking up new systems in a timely manner
- Hands on in system; ERP and reporting system literate.
- Self-standing and proactive approach to their work.
- Able to challenge management and articulate financial performance clearly to management team
- If something needs resolution, then takes proactive actions - does not wait to be told.
- Able to prioritise and manage workload
- Engaging and approachable demeanour, with excellent people skills
- Process minded and organised
- Comfortable working within a virtual finance team as transactional processing is off shored.
- Able to work with change - will be upgrading ERP system and standardising group processes and needs to be able to work within that environment and contribute input on group processes
- Knowledge of D365 or AX is a bonus.
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays
- 3% Employee pension contribution, 5% Employer
- Flexible working opportunity
- Private medical care
- Death in service (4x annual salary)
- Free onsite parking
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice