Accounts and Audit Semi Senior - Leading Independent Firm
A Leading Independent Accountancy Practice in Ipswich are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Accountants and Audit Semi-Senior to join their successful team.
AJ Chambers are currently working alongside a modern firm based in Ipswich who are seeking a hard-working Accounts and Audit Semi-Senior. Our client is an award-winning firm who are well known for their diverse client portfolio both within the UK and internationally. The successful candidate will gain exposure to these candidates both in house and out at client premises
This is an ideal job opportunity for an assertive accountant who has two or more years’ experience at an accountancy practice and wants to join a successful firm. The role split is estimated to be between 60% Accounts and 40% Audit. The successful candidate will be someone who is confident and is wanting to develop their talents to their highest potential.
- Completing sets of accounts for review by the supervisor, manager or partner
- Assisting and leading on audits, completing aspects of fieldwork and overseeing aspects done by the Audit Juniors
- Managing time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget and schedule
- Completing corporation tax computations and returns for review
- Providing occasional support to the audit teams, on audit assignments
- Undertake a range of bookkeeping tasks and assisting on a range of various duties such as occasional VAT returns
- Ensure compliance with internal and external requirements
- Preparing management accounts, cash-flow forecasts and other reports
- Co-ordinating workload with senior members of staff and keeping up to date on all assignments
- AAT qualified or ACA Part Qualified
- At least two years’ experience in practice
- Solid knowledge and experience of accounts and audit with previous experience in both of these.
- Ideally a good working knowledge of SAGE, Xero and other IT packages, although training will be available
- Good working tax knowledge
- Strong written, verbal and active listening skills
- Enthusiastic, motivated and hardworking
Our client is considering a wide range of skillsets so if you feel you could be relevant please apply directly or contact Scott Golding at AJ Chambers.
Audit and Accounts Semi Senior - Ipswich