Operations Analyst at a Boutique Hedge Fund
An exciting opportunity to join a reputable and successful boutique Investment Management firm has arisen. Our client is looking to speak to high-calibre individuals who are in the early stages of their career and are looking to join a dynamic hedge fund environment. This position would be working directly with the Head of Operations to support the trading desks for this firm's two strategies, both equity and credit focused. The company has seen strong performance recently and is well positioned for raising funds over the coming year.
The successful candidate will be someone who can demonstrate a keen attention to detail and an ability to take full ownership of the role over time.
To be considered for this role you must have up to 1 years' experience within either an investment bank, investment manager, 3rd party administrator or brokerage. You must have standout academic - 2.1 or a 1st in an analytical degree from a reputable university and whilst we are looking for ambition we are not considering candidates who want to be in the front office.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for daily cash and position reconciliations for multiple funds
- Liaising directly with the PB's & brokers in resolving any trade breaks
- Intraday trade monitoring and matching using various platforms
- Settlement and fails management
- Daily P&L production
- Cash management responsibilities
- Monthly NAV reconciliation with fund administrators
- Ongoing process enhancement and project work
The person they hire:
- Degree educated with excellent numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail
- Some relevant experience in operations or a similar area
- Excellent communicator both verbally and written
- Possess high level of detail orientation and ownership of work
- Excellent mathematical aptitude and analytical skills, including strong excel
- Good team player with a strong willingness and desire to participate and help others
- Able to prioritise in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment; High sense of urgency
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice