Robert half finance and accounting are actively recruiting for a temporary credit controller to support a rapidly growing retail business in Southampton. The role is being offered as a 6 month temporary assignment.
With onsite parking the business is looking to recruit a target driven credit controller to join a high performing finance team. It is essential you can demonstrate a clear understanding of being able to prioritise the ledger and can give clear examples of bringing in aged debt.
- Process and allocate receipts for Bacs & Cheques
- Process card payments
- Reconcile unallocated cash
- Credit check new accounts using Experian, open new accounts & send out letters
- Process card payments on card machine and on the in-house system
- Chase overdue accounts by telephone (Currently approx 500 per month)
- Answer incoming calls
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity
- Ensure debts are paid in-line with the credit control collection timetable
- Monitor Credit Control mailbox
- Change addresses and account settings when required
- Liaise with all branches/branch managers to resolve disputes
The successful credit controller is likely to have had previous credit control experience, specifically in dealing with high volumes and demonstrating a clear understanding of prioritising the ledger. You will be working with a team of approximately 4 and reporting directly to the Finance Manager.
The role is based in the company's modern offices in Southampton. Working exclusively with Robert Half the company has experienced a recent acceleration in growth. This company is a market leading manufacturing business.
Salary and Benefits
- £15 per hour
- On site parking
- Gym on site
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice