Accounts Manager - Leading Independent Firm
AJ Chambers have recently had an unmissable opportunity arise within a forward-thinking firm based in Bishop’s Stortford who are seeking a Manager to join their expanding team.
Our client is a well-established family friendly firm that has grown over the course of half century from a small base to the successful firm they are today, having grown significantly in the past thirty years. With a burgeoning client portfolio and an expanding office, they are now seeking a Manager to assist in the continual development of the firm. With access to a wide portfolio of clients the successful candidate will have the ability to build close relationships with a well-established client base.
- Managing a team of qualified and trainee accountants, payroll and bookkeeping staff and review of work prepared by the team
- Assisting staff and clients with advice on Income Tax, CIS and NICs.
- Plan and monitor work and resources within an agreed budget to meet deadlines and targets set, including managing the billing and work in progress
- Review accounts for quality and compliance ensuring completion of file and recording notes and review points
- Advising client on all aspects of VAT relating to a broad range of different trades and business sectors
- Take responsibility to coach and develop team members giving constructive feedback
- Regularly achieving new fees for the Practice, from personal client recommendations to the ability to spot opportunities to provide additional services with increased fees.
- Recruit, train and develop members of the team to ensure there are enough resources and skills in the team to meet current demand and planned growth
- Work in collaboration with the team to share knowledge and ideas to improve communication, set team goals and recognise achievements
- Carry out appraisals for team members to set appropriate objectives, review progress and develop skills
- Build knowledge and awareness of all aspects of the business services to help identify opportunities to cross sell services to clients and communicate this to the team
- Regular communication with HM Revenue & Customs and confidentially able to challenge their opinions on certain areas of VAT legislation
- ACCA/ACA qualified accountant
- Previous experience within a Managerial position within Practice
- Strong IT knowledge with the ability to implement and train on cloud-based software solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage internal relationships for clients and colleagues
- Skilled at dealing with business owners and advising them on a range of commercial issues
- Maintain high standards of professional conduct and practice
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
For further information on this Manager position, please apply direct or contact Scott Goldingfrom AJ Chambers
Manager – Bishop’s Stortford
Apply for Accounts Manager - Leading Independent Firm
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly