An opportunity has arisen for a Financial Controller to play a global role in the rapid expansion of a commodities firm based in central London.
My client is a global firm specialising in commodities with a global workforce of 1500. They have a broad base of international clients and operate in over 45 countries. They are based in central London.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for overseeing cost management across all divisions of the group. This will include working with business unit heads to analyse costs, review/challenge supplier relationships and maximise profitability.
- Work in conjunction with all business unit heads to ensure maximum profitability
- Creation of a strategic plan to minimise waste with timelines
- Review/assess budgets/forecasts
- Maintain vendor and service provider relationships
- Keep up to speed with the latest market trends that could impact the business
- Provide strategic input to the business regarding how productivity impacts profitability
- Commit to maximising efficiency at all levels without compromising quality
- Develop and implement proactive solutions and cost-cutting measures
- Present new strategies and assessments to senior stakeholders
- Educate and persuade stakeholders to procure buy in and cooperation
- Any other ad-hoc tasks as and when required.
The ideal Financial Controller applicant will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or relevant field strongly preferred
- Professional finance qualification - either ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Minimum 4 years' experience working in cost control
- Exposure to commodities/financial services desirable
- Outstanding communication/presentation skills, able to explain concepts concisely and accurately
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills
- Ability to generate budgets and reports
- Strong business partnering skills
- Creative thinking skills with the ability to solve problems
Basic salary of between £70,000 to £80,000 + benefits.