Henshaws, Director of Finance and Resources
Director of Finance and Resources
Location: Harrogate, North Yorkshire with travel to other Henshaws locations in the North of England
Hours per Week: 35
Annual Leave : 30 days plus 10 Bank Holidays
Henshaws is a charity that supports people living with sight loss and a range of other disabilities to achieve their ambitions and go beyond expectations.
We believe that wherever we are everyone has the right to an independent and fulfilling life. Our support, advice and training enables people and their families to build skills, develop confidence, help each other and look forward to a more positive future.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an experience Finance professional to join our Senior Leadership Team as Director of Finance and Resources. This role will play an integral role in our strategic operation, being the chief financial officer of the Charity, with accountability for the financial strategy and ensuring long term financial sustainability.
The role will also manage our Finance and IT teams and provide line management to the Estates Manager.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the development of the Charity’s strategic plan and prepare an associated rolling 3 year financial plan.
- Ensure an appropriate financial governance framework for all aspects of the Charity’s financial processes and ensure appropriate financial controls are embedded throughout the Charity.
- Director with responsibility for property management & development: including purchases, sales and leases. Providing line management to the Estates Manager.
- Responsibility for Business Planning processes.
- Manage meeting content for the Business, Finance & Investment Committee, ensuring the Treasurer is briefed on all financial governance matters.
For a full list of responsibilities please view the job description.
The successful applicant will be qualified to degree level and hold a full accountancy qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA/CCAB or equivalent) and have extensive experience of all accounts office functions, as well as extensive post qualification experience. It is also essential to have a sound knowledge and understanding of charity accounting, charity law and regulations.
Previous working experience of the voluntary/charity sector is preferred.
Please click the 'Apply' button to be redirected to our website where you can make your application.
Henshaws aims to employ a diverse workforce and is committed to equality of employment and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
More searches like this
- Finance Manager Charity & Not for Profit Fully qualified jobs in North Yorkshire
- Financial Controller Charity & Not for Profit Fully qualified jobs in North Yorkshire
- Financial Director Charity & Not for Profit Fully qualified jobs in North Yorkshire
- Management Accountant Charity & Not for Profit Fully qualified jobs in North Yorkshire