The Financial Accountant works closely with the wider accounting team to support the development and vision of the group. An excellent opportunity to work on a variety of exciting projects across a large organisation.
A leading government organisation based in Leeds that touches the lives of everyone based in the UK.
They are one of the largest Government Departments and manage some of the biggest and most complex accounts in the world.
The role of Financial Accountant will provide accounting guidance to the group and advise on technical accounting matters. They will also be responsible for the following:
- Managing the publication of the group accounting manual.
- Support with implementation plans and developing guidance on new accounting Standard IFRS 16.
- Prepare briefings for senior managers on technical accounting issues.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders
As Financial Accountant you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Fully qualified accountant ( ACA / CIMA / ACCA / CIPFA )
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- A passion for developing your knowledge within the financial accountancy and technical accounting areas
The role offers a starting salary of around £35,000 and offers excellent benefits including the best pension scheme that we've seen offered in recent months. Based in Leeds city centre the role sits within a dynamic and progressive team.