Manager - Finance Business Partnering & Grants
This is a fantastic opportunity for a well established Finance Manager with strong Partnering skills
My client, based in Pontypridd, are a fantastic Not for Profit organisation who have gone through a period of significant change.
Reporting directly to the CFO of the organisation, the Manager - FBP & Grants plays a pivotal role within this organisation.
Main role purpose;
- Lead and manage the approach to Finance business partnering and deliver a value adding business support mechanism
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement
- Responsible for the management of the Finance - Research & Grants team to deliver high quality financial management and control of externally funded projects and externally funded programmes
Key responsibilities include;
- Continue to drive the development of a culture of continuous improvement through the provision of a strong business partnering framework to stakeholders and Corporate Departments.
- Coordinate the budget and budget setting process devolving responsibility to stakeholder's departments
- Develop metrics aligned to strategic objectives to assess business and Corporate Department performance
- Monitoring and review of performance and results for the business and Corporate Departments and agreement of any actions resulting, together with details of impact on forecast outturn.
- Coordination, production and dissemination of monthly reporting pack.
- Production of financial forecast.
- Develop costing methodologies and appropriate investment appraisal models.
- Manage the business partners and the Research and Grants team. (11)
- To provide timely and accurate management information for research and grants, ensuring there is appropriate financial planning, probity and reporting in respect of the funds
- To manage the production of financial claims for each project/programme in line with the requirements of the funding organisation.
- Co-ordinate month end reporting with colleagues in both teams
You will be a CCAB Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA)
- Experience of business partnering to drive continuous improvement in organisational efficiency.
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to inspire, coach and mentor staff and colleagues to deliver improved performance
- Ability to work innovatively and drive change.
- Experience of budgeting and forecasting in a devolved structure.
- Experience of project and investment appraisal
- Experience of undertaking month end and year end accounts procedures
- Ability to present to, communicate, negotiate and challenge a broad range of stakeholders
A salary on the range of £50,000 - £58,000
Career average pension
35 days annual leave + bank holidays