Temporary Payroll Supervisor
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are actively recruiting for a temporary Payroll Manager to support a growing business in the centre of Chertsey. The role is being offered as an ongoing temporary assignment which could potentially go permanent.
With onsite parking the business is looking to recruit a Payroll Manager to join a high performing, rapidly changing finance team. The ideal candidate will be someone with a can-do attitude that is happy to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in if and when needed. Previous team management experience will be advantageous.
- Supervise all aspects of payroll from data preparation through to reporting/reconciliation, ensuring it is delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain the payroll processes to ensure robust and effective processes are in place.
- Co-ordinate and process information relating to the company's pension schemes in conjunction with the pension administrators.
- Liaise with external bodies (such as the Inland Revenue, DW&P and other statutory/corporate bodies) so that legal requirements are met.
- Establish and maintain contact with third party creditors to ensure payments are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Prepare and submit Year End payroll requirements in liaison with the Treasury Department.
- Deal with payroll and employee benefit queries from members of staff in an effective and efficient manner.
- Continually review payroll systems and processes and put forward any recommendations for improvement
- Act as focal point for auditors and third parties in respect of Payroll processes and represent HR as the payroll subject matter expert in adhoc/cross functional project/initiatives.
- Build and foster working relationships with the Southampton team and other sites teams to facilitate effective delivery of payroll services.
- Work as part of the HR team to maintain and review payroll procedures ensuring legislation and best practice underpin these processes.
- Support HR and Payroll teams on other processes as requested.
The successful Payroll Manager is likely to have had previous experience of working within a busy finance function specifically payroll and will have managed a team previously. Good Excel is required and therefore you may be asked to complete a short Excel test. Experience with iTrent is a big plus.
The role is based in the company's established offices in Chertsey. This company is a market leading business with a strong, respected brand. They are growing drastically.
Salary and Benefits
£200-£250 per day + on site parking
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice