Group Tax Accountant
Robert Half are hiring for a Group Tax Accountant for a large, listed business based in Northamptonshire. This is a newly-created, full-time permanent position.
Working as part of a large in-house tax team, the Group Tax Accountant will be tasked with working with colleagues in order to look after the corporate tax affairs of the business.
This is focused towards UK corporate tax work but will also include international corporate tax work, and work on other UK taxes.
Though the primary focus to the role is compliance and reporting, the Group Tax Accountant will also work on tax advisory work and tax projects, both for the UK and international divisions.
For example, there is opportunity to get involved in all aspects of international tax work including: Country by Country Reporting, wider TP issues, post acquisition integration projects as well debt equity reviews and assisting on key tax projects.
- Taking responsibility for running the groups tax reporting year-end, half year and forecast tax models for review by the Group Tax Reporting Manager.
- Interaction with the sites to ensure delivery of key data to Group Tax to facilitate group reporting. This will include tax packs and questionnaires throughout the reporting cycle.
- Assisting with the collection and analysis of tax risk data gathered and preparing reports for review. Where appropriate implementing steps to mitigate risk.
- Supporting the Group's tax risk management remit and ensuring the appropriate escalation of tax risk management issues.
- Preparing UK tax disclosures for Statutory Accounts and input into the UK tax computations.
- Delivering training and assistance to sites on reporting and tax accounting issues
- Assisting in reviews and analysis of tax sensitive items including none recurring items and group numbers.
- Assisting the Group Tax Team to deliver on key projects and deliverables including developing junior finance department members including the Group Tax UK Compliance Advisor.
The company is looking to hire someone with strong UK corporate tax experience and a willingness to develop their international tax experience.
Ideally you will be qualified (ACA / ACCA / ICAS / CTA) but you may also be qualified by experience.
The client is a well-known, large, listed business who operated all across the world who are market leaders in their field and who are continuing to grow.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is likely to be in the region of £50,000 to £60,000 with benefits package on top.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice