Role: Accounts Assistant
Robert half are working exclusively with a well known property development business who are based in North Bristol. This role is pivotal in keeping the accounts function running for all transaction processing, the successful candidate will be reporting directly into the Finance Director.
- Post high volumes of purchase invoices onto the accounting software, ensuring that all invoices are registered on the system, correctly coded, matched to purchase orders, authorised and paid within creditors' payment terms.
- Identify, investigate and correct any differences on purchase invoices and purchase orders.
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintaining existing accounts details within the Purchase Ledger.
- Process New Supplier/Subcontractor forms; checking their bank details and verifying.
- Check all supplier statements on a weekly basis ensuring all account queries are resolved promptly.
- Raise cheques as and when required.
- Process BACS payments.
- Adhere to strict month end deadlines.
- Assist with the preparation of year end information requests.
- General administration, filing, archiving.
- Assist with the production of Weekly Bank Reconciliations
- Post Completion Statements for House Sales
- Assist in the administration of Part Exchange Properties
- Manage the Fixed Asset Register
- Previous experience of working within a purchase ledger processing environment.
- Strong MS Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work to challenging deadlines.
- Excellent organisational and numerical skills.
- AAT qualified
Other benefits include:
- ACCA or CIMA study support
- 25 days holiday + bank holiday
- On site parking
- Pension Scheme after 3 months matched up to 5%
- Shares scheme after 1 year
- BUPA after 1 year
- Performance based bonus
Salary: £21k - £23k
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice