Group Financial Controller
An exciting opportunity has arisen with an international organisation operating across a number of areas within media, events, and customer engagement to join as their Group Financial Controller in London.
My client is a privately owned international organisation operating across media, events, and customer engagement. They operate in over 40 countries, have over 100,000 clients, and in excess of 10m unique customers. More recently, on account of further growth plans, they have diversified into app development and are also undergoing a project to build a new head office in London. As a result of this project the new, London-based CFO is recruiting for a Group Financial Controller.
As the Group Financial Controller you will be the second person in finance and lead the project to outline new processes, controls, and implementation of a system whilst helping to build out the wider team. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Development of all reporting processes at group level from existing framework;
- Lead all monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting activities and act as the key point of contact for external support during the project period;
- Recruit, train, and develop a London based group finance team;
- Assist with projects such as transfer pricing strategy, FX strategy, etc. in conjunction with expert advisors;
- Support company-wide budgeting and forecasting activities;
- Undertake systems upgrade/implementation project;
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis as required by CFO and wider senior management team.
As a strong applicant for this Group Financial Controller role you will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a strong academic background;
- Demonstrate strong technical knowledge and a clear ability to lead reporting cycles;
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and working in an environment undergoing a period of change;
- Possess a background in project management (e.g. process design, systems implementation, etc.);
- Demonstrate strong team management skills and ideally have some exposure to recruitment and development of staff.
The offer to the successful Group Financial Controller will be:
- A competitive base salary dependent on experience;
- Discretionary bonus based on both personal and company targets;
- Statutory pension (although company pension policy is under review);
- A strong commitment to CPD support;
- Broad range of health programmes (classes, sports teams, free fruit, etc.);
- A strong and entrepreneurial senior management team who will challenge you but give you the autonomy to lead projects and develop the team.