Accountant, £35000 to £40000
Robert Half are delighted to be partnering with a fantastic tech startup in the sports sector who are looking for an ambitious finance professional to join their expanding team and grow their new eCommerce platform. After receiving backing from a major global TV brand, the company's expansion is only just beginning and they are already world leaders in their sector. If you are interested in sports and technology, and want an innovative modern working environment then this is the role for you.
As a result of the company's great international success, they have launched a website selling branded merchandise to their fans (their eCommerce platform). Revenue has grown quickly in this area, therefore they have decided to hire an new team-member to lead and develop this side of the business financially. The new accountant will look after all elements of stock, reporting, analysis, process improvements, month-end processing etcetera. The key responsibilities will be:
- Stakeholder liaison and management (internal & external)
- Working closely with tech team regarding systems & website developments
- Managing the analysis & reporting of online store profitability, profitability by product category, analysis of stock position etc.
- Supporting discussions on international pricing
- Reviewing stock adjustments and variances
- Generating and posting monthly sales data
- Purchase invoice processing and investigating delivery variances
- Oversight of stock position including audited year end stock check
- Customer payment/ sales reconciliations
The role will develop and grow from the outset, so demonstrating a can-do attitude, being hungry to learn and develop your skills and grow with the business is very important.
The successful applicant MUST have experience in managing stock and therefore ideally will be from a retail / eCommerce / manufacturing background. The role needs an autonomous individual who can take on this side of the business and be given the freedom to grow and develop it. Excellent organisational skills and strong excel skills are crucial, as is the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment. It is important that you can communicate effectively with finance and non-finance stakeholders, and that you have a problem-solving can-do attitude.
There are transactional and strategic elements to the role, so will ideally suit someone who is a part-qualified accountant studying to finish their exams or a newly-qualified accountant, who can grow with the business as it develops and take on increasing responsibility (including the management of new team members in the future).
It is a truly exciting time to be joining this dynamic and successful company. Backed by a very well-known TV brand, the sky is the limit as the business goes from strength-to-strength. Offices are lovely, and the culture is friendly, open and non-corporate. For more information on the business, please submit an application.
Salary & Benefits
- A competitive salary of between £32000 and £40000 depending on experience
- Lovely modern open-plan offices in the centre of beautiful Bath
- 25 days holiday and closed offices between Christmas & New Year plus bank holidays
- Free fruit and snacks every day and free lunch once a month
- Free merchandise, excellent showers, cycle to work scheme and more...
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice