We’re looking for a tax and accounts supervisor (70% accounts work and 30% personal tax work) to work in a team that predominantly works with authors, journalists and media type clients, in their London office.
The department deals with the tax and accounts for these clients so require a strong all-rounder.
You should be qualified, preferably ACCA, although we will look at other qualifications, too, and we would like you to have at least three years’ practice experience (and at least 12 months’ post-qualified within this).
The role would probably suit somebody from a mixed background who has worked for a smaller practice
We require an ACCA qualified senior/supervisor to work in the above department with a variety of general practice work, including around 70% accounts work and 30% personal tax work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of the role are varied and will include the following:
- Preparing limited company accounts
- Preparing corporation tax returns
- Preparing personal and partnership income tax returns
- Preparing sole trader, partnership and rental accounts
- Preparing VAT returns
- Assisting with tax planning
- Communicating and corresponding with clients
- Communicating with HMRC
- Training junior staff
- Assisting in the billing of clients
- Attendance at networking events
- Liaising with specialist departments in the Firm
- Other ad hoc duties in line with the role
We also require the following qualities and skills:
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to work independently and be able to take responsibility for own work
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work calmly under pressure and be able to prioritise own time
- Good general knowledge of income tax, capital allowances and employment taxes and benefits
- Knowledge of capital gains tax, treatment of foreign income, tax credits, corporation tax and inheritance tax
- Knowledge of tax planning and advice, for example writers’ average planning, advice on VAT matters such as the VAT flat rate scheme and VAT registration and advice on national insurance matters
- A good knowledge of limited company accounts and the issues affecting small limited companies
- Knowledge of PAYE regulations
- Good knowledge of corporate tax and FRS102 1A
We would also expect the suitable candidate to have a good understanding of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word packages. It would be desirable for the candidate to have knowledge/experience of AP accounting software as well as Digita, Alphatax tax software and ProAudit, although training will be provided where necessary. It would also be desirable for the successful candidate to have knowledge and experience in packages including QBO and Xero.
In return, the successful candidate will look after a portfolio of nearly 200 clients and work in a dynamic and progressive department. We would expect the successful candidate to have experience managing a portfolio of clients.