Robert half finance and accounting are actively recruiting for a temporary financial analysis and planning manager to join a well know retail business in The South Coast. As a senior member of the FP&A team, this high profile role is responsible for all forward looking financial information annual Budget and quarterly Forecasts. Working with two direct reports, you will provide insight for both internal financial management, and the guidance included in all external financial reporting, including the quarterly trading statements, the interim and preliminary announcements, and the front half of the annual report. You will coach, develop and challenge your team of two qualified accountants. Continuously seeking to improve processes, controls and the quality and timeliness of the team's deliverables. With a number of stakeholders and competing priorities, it will be necessary to prioritise effectively and communicate clearly.
- Strategic Plan - project manage the financial plan process. Analyse and articulate, to senior management and the board, the regional and corporate drivers behind the Group plan, and the financial impact of key strategic initiatives.
- Annual Budget and quarterly Forecast - project manage to ensure timely delivery, analyse and clearly explain the reasons for movements from the plan or previous Forecasts or Budget, and detailing the drivers behind the results.
- Scenario analysis - model various scenarios and their impact on the Group results and margins.
- Foreign exchange rates - own the process and model for translating the plan, Budgets and Forecasts at various exchange rates. Clearly explain the impact of movements in exchange rates, and the key drivers.
- Capital investment proposals - review, and work with the regions, to ensure appropriate financial and commercial rigour has been applied in advance of the proposals being presented to the Senior Leadership Team for review and approval.
- Providing analysis and insight to the Investor Relations team on a wide range of areas.
- Continuously improving the processes and controls within the team, challenge current ways of working to make these more efficient and effective.
- Responding to a significant amount of ad hoc queries, and analysis as required. Prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis.
- Play a key role in mentoring, developing and retaining talent with a long term strategic mind-set and consideration for the ongoing evolution of Finance. Manage team to optimise their performance and oversee their development, both as individuals and as a team.
The Successful Financial Planning and Analysis manager would have had previous experience working in a similar role within a large, listed, multinational company. Working within a multicurrency environment; analysing and understanding the impact of movements in exchange rates in all areas of the income statement is also an advantage as well as Previous leadership experience, building teams and delivering through others, continuous process improvements and
The role is based in the company's established offices in The South Coast. This company is a multinational business with a strong, respected brand.
Salary and Benefits
Up to £300 per day
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice