The Finance Assistant is to provide financial support to the Milton Keynes business as directed by the Finance Manager. You will ensure the integrity of financial data, reporting and analysis; focused particularly on manufacturing processes, inventory and the product portfolio.
- Organise physical inventory and cycle counts
- Investigate Cycle counting variances and resolve issues
- Monitor & analyse timesheet data submitted by respective departments and maintain
- Engineering Work Orders
- Assist with product costing analysis and the identification of non-production material costs
- Monitoring of miscellaneous costs, invoice authorisations and queries & ensuring correct attribution of project and IR&D costs
- Month-end support including running of inventory reports and periodic cover for Accounts Payable processing and queries
- To provide financial support for Strategic plans, Budgets and Forecasts as necessary
- Continuous Improvement - To contribute to formal and informal processes to improve the business and its performance
- Ensure systems and procedures are aligned
- Studying for recognised accounting qualification including AAT or equivalent
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Good knowledge of Excel and ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Ability to plan one's own workload and to meet deadline
- Good attention to detail and attitude to accuracy and completeness
- Able to work and contribute as part of a team
- Have a genuine interest in business and how businesses operate and succeed
- Have a good understanding of the wider economic and industrial environment
Our client is growing steadily via acquisitions and organic growth to become a market leader in their sector, they are known for developing talent and offer a great work life balance.
Salary & Benefits
The role of Finance Assistant is paying between £22,000 - £26,000 (DOE) plus full study support (if needed), excellent career path and good benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice