Brand new Fast Track Junior Accountant opportunity!
Robert Half are currently exclusively working with a world renown Distribution organisation based in Weybridge to bring on a bright and engaging Junior Accountant. This business is a FTSE 100 organisation and has also been voted in the Top 100 Places to Work in the UK for the past 5 years running. My client has a reputation for providing a platform for top talent to develop and progress in their careers.
This role is offering the chance to work in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic team that has a blend of experienced and upcoming individuals that are career driven! If you are focused on development and want to get away from doing just AP and AR you should apply for this role!
- Ownership of the inter-company costs.
- Purchase order preparation and monitoring and management of approvals for invoices/POs/expenses with dispersed leadership team to facilitate payment runs
- Management of invoicing queries and ownership of relationship with AP shared services team.
- Support for strong controls over invoices, approvals and spending against POs
- Raising month end accruals/prepayments.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations including accruals, prepayments, AUC & GRNI
- Assistance with maintenance of both GBP and EUR bank accounts including allocating receipts
- Preparation of the monthly recharges to various group companies. Ownership of monthly recharges.
- Preparation of inter-company reconciliations at month end and agreements with inter-company counterparties
- Review of cost centres and analyse the variances to budgets at cost centre level.
- Ownership of collection of aged inter-company debts
- Support the Senior Finance Manager and extended IT Finance team with other ad hoc tasks on the need basis
- Relevant experience in Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of accounts system SAP.
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships both with immediate team colleagues and abroad based inter-company contacts
- Numerate with good communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and organised, with attention to detail
- Able to meet strict deadlines and to raise issues to line manager's attention timely
- Team player with a great 'can do' attitude
- Understanding of VAT requirements for UK reporting and application to payables process
This company offers an excellent chance to gain exposure to different areas of accounts and have fun whilst doing it. If you are looking to join a company that progresses from within and continuously develops its employees then this is the company for you.
Salary & Benefits
£25,000 - £30,000 + Study Support
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice