Private Client Tax Manager
My client is part of an acquisitive fast-growing accountancy firm. Situated in Oxfordshire they have business clients spread across the Thames Valley and into central London as well as private tax clients throughout the UK and in over 50 countries abroad.
Their private client tax manager has been promoted to Tax Director and they are looking to recruit a replacement.
The private client portfolio includes an eclectic mix of interesting people: CEOs, property investors, trusts, individuals from children to the elderly, and significant numbers of non-resident and non-domiciled individuals. They also provide probate services and this is a growing part of the business.
The private client team of 7 is led by two tax specialists who are both Directors and another qualified manager. The firm has a well-trained and motivated team who are involved in communicating directly with clients at every level. Continued development of the staff through their professional training and beyond ensures a high-quality standard of work is delivered.
The vast majority of all personal tax returns are prepared by the team. The manager’s role is:
- To direct and review the compliance work. They look after around 800 self assessment tax returns. The tax return review work is shared with the other manager and the tax senior.
- To provide technical support and assistance to the team
- To train new team members on the job and help manage formal tax training for all staff
- To control the work flow and ensure the delivery of outstanding customer service
- To provide tax technical advice to clients. They are regularly asked for advice on tax residence status, capital gains tax, inheritance tax, SDLT, tax efficient dividend planning, exit planning as well as EIS schemes, EMI share options, R&D and capital allowances. The senior team work collaboratively and all advice is peer reviewed before it goes out.
- The role includes a mixture of advice and technical work and compliance work
- The role does not include corporation tax or VAT work
- You will be CTA qualified or equivalent.
- Either be a tax manager already or responsible for managing your own portfolio of personal tax clients and can demonstrate proven organisational abilities and the ability to manage others in their team.
- Able to manage a busy team of staff and motivate them to deliver a high level of productivity.
- Able to manage deadlines and organise work flow efficiently.
- Personable – good at mixing with staff, clients and prospective clients from making a good first impression to building lasting relationships.
- Ambitious for the firm. They have a growing office and want to develop it more and add on more business services.
- A salary of £40-48k (dependent on experience).
- TOIL or paid overtime
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Flexible working patterns
- Life Assurance
- Modern offices with free car parking
- Further training and development within the role
- Opportunity to progress to Director level in a growing firm that has a culture of internal promotion.
To discuss this further and for more information please forward a CV for immediate attention.