As a recently formed and growing credit investment manager, this company are building an institutional quality infrastructure. Being at the heart of the business finance, risk and client reporting functions, this is a unique opportunity to learn about the essential business functions of a regulated investment manager.
The Fund Controller will help procure and manage service providers, co-ordinate and review the client NAV calculation process and year-end audit. The Fund Controller will ultimately develop the experience and skill set to fully shadow their Head of Finance.
The key responsibilities include:
- Perform the monthly NAV reconciliation process and client statement review
- Assist in the quarterly investment valuation process
- Work in tandem with the Operations team to manage and review the funds books and records
- Coordinate the year-end financial statement preparation and external audit process
- Involvement in all levels of reporting: portfolio, regulatory, client, & counterparty
- Help select, monitor and manage key business partners/vendors
- Coordinate monthly payment runs with the fund administrator
- Assist in the preparation and submission of fund tax filings
- Assist in the review and maintenance of annual expense budgets
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Experience in financial products, particularly fixed income and FX
- Attention to detail, analytical and independent thinker and problem-solver
- Advanced software skills, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with a diverse range of people and work in a team oriented environment
Package on offer
The successful Fund Accountant working for this credit Hedge Fund based in Londons West End will be offered a salary of approx. £50-60,000 plus a discretionary annual bonus
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice