Robert Half are currently working with a reputable business based in Swindon who are looking to recruit a Senior Credit Controller to join their team on a permanent, full time basis.
You will be responsible for the management of the credit control function the business. You will also co-ordinate the chasing of all outstanding debts and work with the credit control administrator to drive down aged debt across the business.
Main responsibilities include:
- Leading credit control for all business units.
- Continuous review and development of credit control policy.
- Organise and attend regular meetings with senior managers to resolve credit control issues.
- Processing VAT refunds where applicable and reconciliations of customer accounts
- Dealing directly with the customer to resolve queries and issues.
- Responsible for the accurate recording of with-holding tax.
- Monthly forecasting and analysis of receipts for cash flow purposes.
- Line management of one member of staff, including effective leadership of staff, distribution of tasks and manage day to day responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- GCSE standard with Maths and English at grade C and above or equivalent
- Proven experience of credit control
- Proven ability to manage a small team
- Good computer literacy including previous use of finance and MS Office systems
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills - written & verbal
- Self-motivated, but also work as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure to strict timescales and deadline
- Meticulous eye for detail and accuracy
- Methodical and consistent approach to working activities
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to manage and influence internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Ability to manage and coach team members
A market leading business based in Swindon with a fantastic reputation and several progression opportunities.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full time opportunity paying between £25,000 and £28,000 pa DOE plus an attractive benefits package including pension and flexible working options for a great work life balance.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice