Audit and Accounts Senior
Qualified Audit and Accounts Senior - c£40K - £45K - St Albans
We are recruiting for a reputable Mid Tier firm looking to strengthen their accounts and audit team by introducing more qualified senior members of staff and are ideally looking to recruit 2 new members.
The role will be a mixture of audit, accounts preparation and tax for a wide ranging portfolio of clients and auditing of companies typically with turnovers of up to £20m. Due to the amount of client contact the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate strong technical ability as well as excellent rapport building skills.
You will be working closely with Managers and Partners, as well as developing more junior members of the team, so good team work and communication skills are essential.
Purpose of role
- Carry out audit / accounts and related tax assignments.
- Involvement in planning of assignments.
- Take responsibility for achieving agreed budgets and meeting deadlines.
- Setting objectives for more junior staff and supervise on site, reviewing their work and coaching on the job where necessary.
- Any other special work as required
- The role will be split roughly 40% audit, 40% accounts, 10% tax & 10% wider business advisory work
Main duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for auditing of companies predominantly in the media sector including planning and finalisation of jobs.
- Present on-site for audit.
- Supervision of the audit team on-site.
- Preparation of tax computations and Corporation Tax returns (CT600)
- Preparation of accounts of companies, groups of companies, partnerships and LLP’s together with Tax computations.
- Close liaison with clients, and other stakeholders, often direct contact at Partner Levels
- Motivation and encouragement of team.
- Promoting the interests of the firm with all employed by the firm, clients, prospective clients and other third parties.
- Generally to provide a personal, professional, speedy and efficient service to the firm’s clients.To be suitable for this role you must have substantial experience in a Public Practice, ideally within a Top 50 firm or large independent.
You must hold a professional accounting qualification either ACA or ACCA preferably with a 2:1 degree or higher.
If you have the right skills, qualifications and experience for this role please submit your CV for review.
The successful applicant will be ACA or ACCA qualified, technically strong with relevant experience gained from working within a professional firm of accountants and have the ability to take the initiative when dealing with clients. Experience in dealing with audit clients is essential.
You can get the latest jobs sent straight to your inbox by subscribing on our website via this link here latest Public Practice opportunities