Financial Operations Manager
Robert Half are pleased to be partnering an established Legal Firm in their search for a new Financial Operations Manager on a Fixed Term Contract basis. The role will be based in Central Birmingham.
The firm work with blue-chip companies, leading organisations, high street brands and individuals across the UK.
Reporting to the Head of Finance the Finance Operations Manager will manage the delivery of our client focused processes and provide guidance and support to the managers and team leaders across different departments .
- providing effective management of the Legal Cashiering team, Credit Control team, Purchase Ledger team and the SRA compliance team
- reviewing current processes and suggesting improvements in order that they are designed and performed as efficiently as possible; allowing the current level of finance staff to manage anticipated increasing volume, and minimising the impact of finance processes on fee earning staff
- reviewing processes and educating all stakeholders to ensure the firm is acting within the Solicitors Accounts Rules in the way it deals with financial transactions, to achieve unqualified SRA audits
- ensuring processes allow for the best possible client experience in terms of their financial interactions with the firm
- working with the other teams within Business Operations to deliver a first class and joined-up overall service to the firm
- supporting the Head of Finance - Operations in the delivery of a new system
- Fully Qualified (CIMA; ACCA; ACA) or QBE
- Experience of a legal cashiering environment is essential; exposure to credit control is desirable but not a pre-requisite
- excellent systems awareness and IT literacy
- a strong financial background with solid understanding of how the legal cashiering transactions and credit control functions interact with the rest of the finance function and the wider business
- sound practical and theoretical knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules
Salary & Benefits
Salary offered will be dependent on experience.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice