Counter is delighted to be assisting a highly regarded and successful accounting practice, with over 90 years of experience in providing audit, accounting and taxation advice across the spectrum of business and industry. This is a unique opportunity to join the team as a Cloud Accountant within their Outsourced Services Team.
They presently have over 50 employees and are working with over 1,000 clients ranging from owner-managed SME businesses and fast-growth entrepreneurial ventures to national and multinational companies, across all industries.
- To undertake the book-keeping including reconciliations, payroll journals, VAT returns and management accounting as required for a portfolio of clients, using cloud accounting software, predominantly XERO and Free-Agent.
- To ensure that the services provided by the firm are conducted with a risk managed approach and to the highest standards.
- To ensure excellent communication and relationships with co-workers in coordinating client services and ensuring the service to the client is seamless and excellent.
- To personally undertake outsourced book-keeping or accounting support for clients (individuals, partnerships and companies), including VAT returns.
- To build a strong relationship with clients in your portfolio and respond to ad hoc queries
- To assist on take on process for new clients and start up of the services.
- To be proactive in achieving working processes which maximise use of technology and apps in the bookkeeping work.
- To liaise with the Accounts Department in passing over information for the preparation of statutory accounts and corporation tax returns.
- To communicate and coordinate with the client, to manage client expectations and deadlines and to annually review the pricing and payment terms.
- To embrace technology and ensure that opportunities for efficiency are incorporated in to all output.
Ideally you will be
- XERO qualified.
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA AAT qualified / part qualified (AAT 3 or above)
- Have experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge / experience of typical owner managed business issues.
- Good A levels / GCSEs.
- Strong technical knowledge
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer focussed.
- Understanding of customer needs and concerns.
- Well organised and capable of meeting deadlines and working under pressure.
- Attention to detail
- Good communication and relationship with other departments in the firm.
- Commercial in approach
Excellent salary, benefits and study / continued professional support is provided.