Robert Half are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant based in Peterborough, based near Lynchwood business park the accounts assistant role offers free parking and a good transport network.
- Preparation of cash and stock reconciliations and analysis of bank accounts
- Investigation of unreconciled items
- Analyse and document potential processing issues .
- Preparation and posting of accounting adjustments to ensure that ledger accounts are complete and accurate
- Acting on requests for and preparing payments
- Daily and Month End tasks as required by the Finance Manager.
- Communicate effectively across the team, operations, change and IT functions, co-ordinating accounting change requests and changes to processes and controls as necessary.
- Assist with preparation for the implementation of new clients from set up,
- Ensure procedures documents are up to date, clear and accurate
Profile of Accounts Assistant
- Enthusiastic, keen and energetic with a desire to improve processes and controls and provide high quality solutions.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent numerical skills.
- Analytical and keen problem solver
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workloads and have a keen eye for detail
- Professional accounting qualification / finalist with good track record
- Good standard of Excel and knowledge of other Microsoft Office products
- Maths and English GCSE'S (C or above)
Salary & Benefits
£18,000 - £20,000
35 hours per week based on a flexible Monday to Friday.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice