Counter is delighted to be assisting a highly regarded, entrepreneurial, technically focused accounting practice in adding a Client Manager to their team.
The practice are based in north Co. Durham and you will be responsible for helping clients in the North East and beyond to build a better business. Their mission is to constantly challenge the role and perception of an accountant - evolving the position of an Accountant into that of an Advisor - and they are looking for an individual who share in their passion.
As a Client Manager, your typical day might include:
- Meeting with clients to discuss how their business is performing against projections,
- Some compliance, Year end accounts, Companies House compliance, management accounts, VAT or bookkeeping
- Advising client on how to move their finance system to the cloud and help to migrate their data
- Working with the Tax team to advise and implement share options for a client’s key employee
- Meeting up with other team members as part of an internal working group that is tasked with implementing internal strategy
- Plan, direct and review an Audit
- Coaching colleagues via peer to peer reviews or via complex client projects
- Give a customer that you know are struggling a call…. just because you know it can be lonely as a business owner sometimes
This role might be for you if:
- You want to part of a business that has a clear mission and vision
- You like making an impact – one of their key performance indicators is their clients growth
- You enjoy having a large amount of autonomy and flexibility.
- You enjoy learning, problem solving and thinking outside the box
- You are comfortable challenging colleagues and customers respectfully in order to get the best outcome
- You enjoy coaching team members
- You enjoy being part of a team
- You are results focussed
To evolve the role of an Accountant in to an Advisor, development is key. Alongside quarterly performance reviews, you will receive internal and external support to hone your business advisory skills.
Every member of their team is key in executing their exciting yet ambitious growth strategy. Two key ways you would be involved in this:
- Working groups are a key way for them to implement large projects. You will have the opportunity to chair, project manage or plan key projects alongside your team mates.
- You will also attend weekly huddles of which the purpose is to share financial and non-financial performance of the business. Some of our company performance measures are Gross Profit, Net Promoter Score, Gross Value Added and New Clients.
- A Qualified ACCA/ACA Accountants or QBE.
- A minimum of five years’ experience within an Accountancy practice
- Competent and enjoy using cloud accountancy packages
- Enjoy a fast paced environment