Robert Half are recruiting for an ambitious and dynamic Accounts Assistant in Manchester. This great opportunity has become available to work in the Finance Department of a national organisation. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller and working within the wider finance team, you will be responsible for the ownership of the transactional processes for the business.
This role is responsible for the accounting and reporting, across all functions of Purchases, Sales, Cash, Payments. The role works within a supportive team that has multiple Bookkeepers providing a centre of excellence in accounting and bookkeeping support.
As an Accounts Assistant, you will:
- Code and post Purchase invoices into the accounts package on a daily basis
- Make sure invoices are relevant and accurate before posting
- Review and post Bank transactions into the accounts package daily
- Bank reconciliation of multiply currencies
- Check PO approval on Purchase invoices
- Raise new Customer accounts as instructed
- Raise Sales invoices
- Processing petty cash and credit card transactions
- Set up invoices for payment on the online banking platform
- Match and clear Sales and Purchase invoices using bank and sub ledger entries
- Post and review expenses
- Post Intercompany transactions in corresponding companies
- Ensure VAT posting is accurate
- Post journals
- Support Balance Sheet reconciliations working the Financial Controller
- Work collaboratively to produce accurate and timely results alongside the Management accountant and Financial Controller
- Part qualified AAT bookkeeper or qualified by experience
- 2 years Experience processing transactions, either Sales / Purchases / Bank
- Able to work effectively both independently and as a team member.
- Expert in utilisation of Microsoft office products, written reporting and analysis
- High accuracy and attention to detail
- Takes initiative and is proactive
- Organisations skills
- Strong communications skills with both internal and external people
- High level of excel skills
- Proven track record of working to deadlines
- Proven customer support experience or experience as a client service representative
Salary & Benefits
Up to £22000, Full Study Support, 23 days holiday, company pension.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice