PART TIME Operations and Finance Co-ordinator
My client is looking for a multi skills finance and operations assistant to help them with the running of an incredibly busy office in Birmingham. This is a small organisation and you will be required to get in several different duties throughout the working week.
Role Key Accountabilities
- Prepare end of year income and expenditure spread sheets, files and reports for Society's accountants.
- Prepare budgets, cash flow forecasts, related party transactions, e.g., conflict of interest forms.
- Ensure salary, pension, HMRC and office accommodation expenses are processed.
- Credit Control
- Reconciliation of subscriptions, direct debits and refunds.
- Ensure that supporting papers are produced as necessary for all meetings and distributed.
- Ensure that minutes are taken, approved and distributed and oversee any actions that arise.
- Manage staff recruitment and contracts; salary processes; pension payments: staff appraisals and increments; annual leave, sickness and staffing levels.
- Ensure the office inventory is maintained with equipment, furniture, supplies etc. and update the Executive regarding any changes to accommodation and services.
- Approve expenditure for office furniture and stationery.
- Ensure all electronic and paper filing systems adhere to GDPR policy.
- Event Management
- Oversee management of member's data on website.
- Oversee updates to content and ensure member's area is fit for purpose.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and legal requirements relevant to the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ideally suited to a candidate who likes variety within their role and can priorities tasks.
- Highly numerate & literate with well-developed IT skills
- Highly developed analytical skills, able to interpret and compare highly complex facts, situations and strategies
- Experience of planning and developing systems and defining processes.
- Experience of interpreting and applying statutory regulations and legislation
- Experience in a corporate governance role.
- Experience in a governance role within the Charity sector
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Strategic thinker with ability to work as part of a team and able to work on own initiative
- Able to process and analyse complex information swiftly
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with people at all levels both within and external to the organisation
- Well-developed skills in business and report writing
- Ability to deal with both external and internal professionals at a senior level and to relate to colleagues at all levels
- Pride in work of self and others and keen to achieve consistently high standards of work
- Quality management, people management and management of multiple stakeholder needs. Possess the application of practical tools to help implement quality assurance systems in a non-profit organisation, and possess theory and tools for managing individual performance.
- The post holder will be required to travel to attend off site meetings and spend occasional nights away from home to support events.
Contact Emma Llewellyn today
T: 0121 616 4600
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice