South Gloucestershire Council, Senior Finance Officer, Project Support
Salary: £35,229 to £38,052
We are looking to recruit an experienced senior finance officer to help ensure that this high performing Council continues to manage its resources effectively and efficiently.
The post will report to the Accountant – Projects and Schemes supporting the delivery the Council’s Transformation and Digital Projects.
You will hold a recognised professional accountancy qualification or be qualified by experience. This post is a limited term post for 24 months.
Working with the Accountant for Projects and Schemes you will financially challenge and support projects across the Council. This will include:
• Providing financial modelling options for projects.
• Costing service change options.
• Evaluating the financial implications of business cases.
• Interpreting and communicating financial data to finance and non-finance staff
• Challenging financial assumptions of project proposals
• Supporting changes to the way finance support is provided.
We invite applications from candidates who are passionate about the services they support, have excellent time management skills have an aptitude to positively embrace, and influence, change.
For an informal discussion please contact Nicola Phillips on 01454 863675 or email Nicola.Phillips@southglos.gov.uk for further information.
Click the 'Apply' button to make your application for this job
South Gloucestershire Council is committed to treating everyone fairly, to challenging inequalities and to promoting equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.