Transaction Services Manager
Transaction Services Manager: London (6 months FTC +) £45,000 - £48,000 (Pro-Rata)
For an international NGO based in central London, we are recruiting a Transaction Services Manager for a fixed term basis of 6 months. The Transaction Services Manager will lead and manage a team of 5 staff and will be a key player in year-end and will take the lead on the partial recovery of VAT and the VAT accounting. The Transaction Services Manager will also take the lead in recommending changes to process and procedures to further enhance efficiency.
- Manage, lead and motivate a team of 5 including productivity and KPI monitoring and objective setting.
- Manage the bank account balances and review FX transactions and take ownership for month-end including the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and ensuring postings are completed
- Manage sales invoice process including the creation of customer accounts, raising invoices and ensuring VAT is accounted correctly as well as managing bad debt provision
- Ensure VAT is accounted for correctly, prepare VAT returns and prepare returns for reverse charges; Advise business on VAT issues and assist with the implementation of Making TAX Digital
- Oversee the credit control function and lead on key accounts
- Monitor and review Accounts Payable Team KPI's and aged creditor listings, approve new suppliers and complete a fortnightly payment run
- Manage expenses processes and reconcile payroll system to balance sheet expenses
- Prepare journals and ensure all income is accounted for accordingly
- Ensure financial controls are implemented and rolled out, identifying weaknesses and suggesting improvements as necessary
What will you bring to this role?
- Strong VAT knowledge, ideally in a partially recoverable environment
- Excellent financial control experience ideally using Sun or other systems such as SAP or Oracle
- Proven experience of successfully managing a transactions team as well as engaging with non-finance business areas and process owners
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: ProTax, ProLegal, ProFinance, ProHR and ProMarketing.