Credit Controller / Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Job Title: Credit Controller
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; 9am-5:30pm, Monday-Friday (Part-time considered)
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Credit Controller, with credit controlling experience, to join the finance team of a fast growing and quick moving Digital Marketing agency.
For the right candidate, the company can be flexible on the number of hours worked per week and are willing to consider part-time hours.
What you'll be doing?
- The role takes ownership of the trade receivables ledger and is tasked with managing aged debt by following up with clients via email and telephone
- Has a proactive role in ensuring all invoices are sent to clients on a timely basis
- Has a key role in client on-boarding, liaising with sales teams to ensure relevant client contact details are captured and correct invoicing procedures followed
- Resolving payment queries with clients and internal departments is key and proactively identifying accounts that require extra contact and support is essential
- The role must maintain clear and concise records of client communications
- Producing group wide debt reports and circulating/following up on actions for staff
- Actively develop and improve credit control processes and procedures
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- At least 3 years of experience within a Credit Control / Accounts Receivable role
- Experience with both UK and International stakeholders
- Understanding of withholding taxes and other barriers to international payments
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high volume, transaction orientated environment
- Strong client focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with clients and internal staff
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and resilience to see tasks through
- Knowledge of Xero accounting system is preferred but not essential
- Good knowledge and experience of working with accounting principles
- Intermediate Excel knowledge (V Lookups, pivot tables, formatting of data)
- Team player and strong work ethic
- Ability to use initiative and take ownership of ledger
- Confident phone manner - professional and persistent
On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the following benefits:
- 25 days holiday a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Sale commission
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Gym membership contributions
- Ride to Work scheme
- Rail card
- Season Ticket loan
- Free fruit, breakfast cereals and tea & coffee
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Share options following six months of employment
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there's flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV & Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Collections Advisor, Debt Recovery, Negotiations Officer, Negotiations Advisor, Debtor management, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Finance Assistant, Finance Admin, Accounts Officer, Accounts Team Assistant, Accounts Coordinator, Collections Officer, Collections Advisor, Customer Advisor, Negotiations, Collections, Debt Collections, Recovery Advisor, Collections Negotiator, Collections Agent, Accounts Receivable may also be considered for this role.