Assistant Manager - Top 20 Firm
AJ Chambers are working alongside a Top 20 Firm based in Peterborough who are seeking an experienced Assistant Manager.
Our client is seeking a problem solver who is ready to turn their advice into action and is ready to take on a managerial role. This role is mainly Audit based with some aspects of accounts, the role will be around 50-75% Audit dependent on experience with the remainder being a mixed role.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has previous experience within Audit and Accounts and is ready to take on a new challenge reporting directly to managers or partners were appropriate. The successful candidate will seek to make a long-term impact as our client claims that their long-term planning is the largest factor behind their continual success helping to make them an award-winning firm.
- Support senior management on larger audit assignments and build your own portfolio of smaller clients
- Clearing review points and putting through adjustments to the accounts
- Recruit, retain, develop and motivate employees, ensuring appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place
- Providing a full review of management accounts, reports and VAT returns
- Support the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the practice
- Review accounts for quality and compliance ensuring completion of file and recording notes and review points
- Ability to ensure that all statutory requirements are complied with, and up to date technical knowledge.
- ACA or ACCA qualified with 2 years post qualification experience within a Practice Environment
- Strong Sage, Xero and QuickBooks experience is ideal
- Experience supervising a team of Audit staff within a sizeable Accountancy Practice
- Skilled at dealing with business owners and advising them on a range of commercial issues
- Excellent time management and priority setting
- Meeting with clients and advising on technical issues
- Reviewing year-end financial statements and tax returns prepared by the accounts team
For more information on this Assistant Manager role please either apply directly or contact Caitlan Warne at AJ Chambers
Assistant Manager – Top 20 Firm