The Role - Management Accountant
Robert Half is exclusively recruiting for this market-leading, highly-regarded, profitable, manufacturing company that is headquartered in Telford, Shropshire.
The continually increasing growth, size and complexity of the business presents a fantastic opportunity for the company to review its operations and processes to identify profitability improvement opportunities and support the organisations ambitious growth targets.
This role is a newly created position and the successful candidate will manage, lead and execute all aspects of accounting and billing across this department. The role with involve interacting with stakeholders, using their proven business partnering skills within an environment of change, whilst challenging conventional practice continuously.
The main focus of the Management Accountant:
- Overall responsibility for determining and keeping up to date the cost of all site activity. This will cover cost of raw materials, packaging and ingredients, labour, distribution etc.
- Responsibility for maintaining an up to date set of product and activity standards for the site.
- To use this set of standards in maintaining a live 'value tree' model for use across site, for which this role is responsible for.
- Interrogate, investigate and effectively communicate reasons for under/over performance against standard.
- Provide a weekly summary of actual v standard performance measures to the site managers and to the Telford Management Accountant to assist in the weekly analysis and commentary. Within weekly deadlines.
- Provide accurate and timely product costings for any new product launches or product amends, including working with the Operations team to cost new processes when required.
- Support the monthly financial forecast process by providing forecasted cost reports using the latest product standards to cost out the demand pl
- Business partnering to drive performance improvement
- Building effective relationships within the department
- Building better processes and controls
- Finding cost saving and efficiencies
- Preparation of monthly P&L and balance sheet reconciliations
- Leading the billing reconciliation and payment cycle
- Formulating and implementing annual plan
To be successful in the role, it is envisaged that you will be a graduate calibre, qualified accountant, Part Qualfieid or Qualified by experience with relevant professional experience, who can demonstrate sound financial and commercial judgement. A desire to identify areas of improvements, problem solving and the drive to delivering results is required.
Strong communication and presentation skills and having the ability to build strong rapport with other departments is essential. Robust hands- on experience of process improvement is desirable
Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint handler is a must with VBA and Macros knowledge being beneficial.
Candidates should have experience of working in a fast moving, challenging work environment with a track-record of offering excellent long-term career progression.
QUALIFIED, PART QUALIFIED OR QUALIFIED BY EXPERIENCE
The company headquartered in Telford, , is an established, market-leader, with highly-respected brands, a prestigious customer base and an innovative 'best in class' product offering.
Employing several thousand employees across multiple UK locations, the company has won many business awards and has been recognised as 'great place to work'.
Salary & Benefits
Attractive base salary of between £35,000 & £45,000 + bonus and benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice