Senior Internal Auditor
Assisting with periodic reporting to the audit and risk committee, development of the annual internal audit plan, and championing internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the business.
One of the largest housing providers in the UK, covering the South East and the Midlands.
They work tirelessly to create safe, quality environments for their residents and communities.
They also help residents make the most of their lives through jobs, training, financial and digital inclusion.
- Develop and maintain risk environment and control frameworks to support improvement objectives
- Work collaboratively with strategic and operational management to identify and deliver improvements in the risk and control environment and to maintain trusting relationships
- Use the audit management system to record high quality, evidence based testing schedules and working records ensuring conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process and risks under review
- Prepare high quality, evidence based internal audit reports which reflect the results of the work performed and clearly support recommendations for improvement.
- Lead meetings with audit clients to ensure understanding of audit objectives, findings and recommendations, offering practical and achievable solutions for improvement to operations and the control environment
- Monitor delivery of audit action plans and conduct follow up reviews to ensure agreed audit recommendations are delivered and sustained
- Have internal audit experience with a minimum of 2 years proven experience of auditing in a complex business environment
- Have experience of undertaking a variety of audit related, research/ evaluation and project management work
- Have skills to build effective, trusting relationships at all levels of the organisation, challenge the norm where applicable, and influence management and stakeholders regarding the importance of effective controls
- Have excellent project management skills with experience in planning, organising and delivering audit assignments and ad hoc projects
- Have excellent facilitation, negotiation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to write reports and present complex/sensitive information in an understandable way to a range of audiences.
- A flexible environment with varied working
- A competitive salary
- A new team with scope to build
- A respected team able to deliver tangible change
- Strong benefits and a generous Annual leave package