Head of Finance & Premises
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are recruiting for a unique Head of Finance position working for our client, an ethically focussed charity based in Bristol. Salary of £40,000-£45,000, depending on relevant experience & qualifications.
Being a member of the Senior Management team, the Head of Finance will be responsible for an effective financial management strategy, manage all internal and external financial, regulatory and performance reporting and contribute to the businesses strategic goals.
- Be the strategic lead for all finance matters, including financial planning, budgeting, reporting, cash flow, VAT, tax and financial policy matters
- Work collaboratively with the Board, CEO and other staff as required to ensure the businesses finances and related processes are effective, efficient and fit for purpose
- Be responsible for the fiscal activities of the business and any retail operations, implementing agreed decisions and working on own initiative
- Be responsible for filing all legal and regulatory documents, information returns and general compliance
- Oversee, direct, and organise the work of the finance team
- Provide analytical and statistical support, including development of internal reports on financial, operational and business performance as required
- Contribute to the achievement of strategic objectives and the overall management of the business
- Oversee risk management, regulatory requirements, contractual and legal activities, including leases and insurance.
- Manage the business' general facilities, ensuring that they are safe, effective and welcoming places to work
- Represent the organisation externally, as necessary, with external stakeholders.
- Be a qualified accountant - qualified by experience (QBE) will also be considered
- Have experience in working in the public sector - understanding of The Charities SORP highly beneficial
- Experience of running trading or retail operations
- Experienced in managing premises
- Strong financial acumen - experience in working in a similar role whereby responsibility has been held for all financial activities of the organisation
Charity based in Bristol - offering end to end finance exposure as the Head of Finance and Premises. Strategically focussed, and a friendly working environment. Flexible working can be offered. The company prides itself with promoting a strong team ethic. Job pressure can be high but also deeply satisfying knowing the good you are delivering to the community.
Salary & Benefits
The Head of Finance will be offered a salary between £40,000-£45,000 + benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice