A Financial Controller is sought for a global Property & Construction business in London with a diverse and high end portfolio. Reporting to the Head of Finance Europe it works within a fast growing and impressive firm.
Our client are a global Property & Housing business with head offices in London who have a footprint across the globe and also several industries. Operating in commercial, luxury, shopping and leisure our client build and operate a number of projects around the world. This Financial Controller role would be responsible for their European entities and would support the Group Financial Controller as needed.
Our client combines excellent engineering with sleek architecture to deliver excellent projects all over the world. They are known for their attractive and high end projects - and are heading in to 2019 with a strong pipeline of projects.
The Financial Controller would be responsible for;
- Responsible for all reporting and financial accounting for the European entities
- Supporting the Group Financial Controller and the Head of European Finances as needed
- Work with various stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered on time
- Responsible for all compliance, risk management and adherence to SOX
- Responsibility for AP/AR and Credit Control function to ensure that the finance team operates robustly and with strong controls
- Working with auditors to enforce recommendations
- Responsibility for tax matters which include but are not limited to VAT, Corporation
- Ensure that debt and the assets are properly accounted for as per IAS39
- Ensuring that processes and controls are being regularly reviewed and tested with the aim of improvement
The ideal candidate will be
- Ideally ACA qualified, ACCA/CIMA qualified candidates may be considered if they have strong industry experience
- Property/Construction sector experience strongly preferred
- Must have experience in financial accounting or financial control in a multi-national business
- Experience of working in a changing or rapidly growing environment strongly preferred
The basic salary is competitive with attractive incentives. The role is full time and based in London.