Indirect Tax Assistant Manager
Robert Half are hiring for an Indirect Tax Assistant Manager for a leading listed company based in Hinckley. This is a permanent full-time role paying up to circa £45,000 + 15% bonus and benefits.
Supporting the Tax Manager to ensure that our filings are both robust and technically accurate, and to review and implement process and tax efficiency savings across VAT & Construction Industry Scheme withholding tax.
- Responsible for technical review of VAT returns, escalating complex issues as appropriate, feeding into the VAT compliance process
- Working with the tax compliance team to suggest and implement technical improvements to the assurance process
- Lead in training of both finance and non-finance staff across the group regarding both VAT treatment of supplies and tax within the accounting systems.
- Supporting tax manager with HMRC and external auditor queries
- Assisting tax manager in preparation of HMRC filing disclosures
- Supporting the Head of Tax and Tax Manager in the SAO assurance processes across the taxes landscape
- Providing assistance in resolution of business queries on VAT, CIS, and other taxes as applicable
- Carrying out employment tax assurance across the group
- Supporting the preparation of tax sensitive analysis for various taxes
- Supporting the tax manager with implementation of legislative changes impacting the group
- Supporting the implementation of tax planning to minimise tax outflows and maximise cashflows.
- Supporting on tax communications to the business, including maintenance of tax intranet site
- Ownership of internal tax registrations database, ensure it is complete, up to date and accurate at all times
The company are looking to hire someone with good UK VAT or Indirect Tax experience. Employment tax or corporate tax experience would be nice as well, but is not needed.
This experience could have been gained either working in practice or in industry.
The successful applicant is likely to be part or fully qualified on either ACA / ACCA / CTA / ICAS - Though candidates qualified by experience will also be considered.
The company is a leading listed business based in Hinckley.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is circa £45,000 + 15% bonus and benefits package.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice