Working closely with the MD, the successful candidate for this newly created role will lead the Finance function in a varied remit including both commercial and 'hands on' technical aspects.
Our client are a growing SME business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Commercial insight: ensuring that appropriate commercial financial analysis is undertaken, in order to assist with pricing strategy, cost control, and forecasting assumptions, in addition to understanding what "levers to pull" within the business to enable profitable growth.
- Developing and refining a business plan including projected monthly P&L, cash flow and balance sheet for the year ahead, underpinned by a presentation listing the key activities, priorities, route to market evolutions, and resultant business assumptions.
- Preparing timely monthly management accounts including P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow at the end of the relevant accounting reference period, including commentary and budgetary variance for presentation to the Board (including representatives from the PLC parent business)
- Ensuring that appropriate procurement and cost controls are in place across the organisation.
- Ensuring that the daily short term cash flow forecast is continuously up to date
- Ensuring that appropriate processes and procedures are in place to support the timely reporting and payment of taxes, such as VAT, corporation tax, PAYE etc.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
Have a "sleeves rolled up" mentality, ready to support the Managing Director, for instance by creating the relevant spreadsheets and analysis him/herself, rather than by directing others to do so. The individual will have gravitas and be self-motivated.
Possess demonstrable experience running/leading a Finance function in the SME space, with a 'hands on' approach to commercial financial management and reporting
- Have direct experience in pulling together annual budgets following input from the business, structured on a monthly basis with P&L, balance sheet, and cash flows.
Demonstrate significant experience in putting together management accounts and associated analysis/commentary, as well as introducing appropriate controls where necessary
- Have strong Excel skills in order to support the above
Our client are offering the opportunity to join their fast-growing business in a newly created, Director and leading Finance role.