Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper / Finance Assistant
Job Title: Accounts Assistant/Bookkeeper - Temporary Position
Location: Central London (WC2B)
Salary: £12 - £15 Per Hour
Job Type: Full Time, Temporary (3-4 months)
Founded in 2003, the company is the leading global community for board-level executives. They exist to provide their members, who hail from Fortune 500 corporates through to private equity-backed businesses, with a safe, secure environment where they can develop further as leaders and, through access to the expertise and experiences of like-minded individuals, find the inspiration to improve organisational performance.
They are a fast-growing, agile company, constantly looking for solutions to deliver a high level of customer service to their members. Based in London, they have a growing international membership and an office in Hong Kong. They take pride in delivering a personal, bespoke service to their members within a vibrant business community.
Overview The Accounts Assistant/Bookkeeper supports the Accounts team in overseeing the day to day accounting and financial management of the company and its subsidiaries.
The Accounts Assistant/Bookkeeper is responsible for ensuring that the company's finances are properly administered and monitored, including credit control and assisting the Financial Controller in the processing of year end accounts and quarterly financial reports.
The Accounts Assistant/Bookkeeper is also responsible for responding to all accountancy queries from customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Receive all sales and purchase invoices and ensure they are appropriately authorised
- Process weekly payments of all authorised purchase invoices by BACS
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly VAT returns and their submission to HMRC
- Process and resolve all suppliers & creditors enquiries
- Receive all receipts and ensure payments are appropriately allocated
- Raise all invoices and requests for payment
- Provide creditors with VAT receipts
- Carry out bank reconciliation and reconciliation of other control accounts
- Process employee and board mentor expenses Credit Control
- Ensure payments are received on time and chase up where necessary
- Effectively deal with customer account queries
- Undertake account reconciliations as required
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required
- Monitor and interpret cash flow
- Report to the Board on any outstanding issues Payroll
- Prepare monthly payroll
- Assist with processing board mentor payments and quarterly sales commission
- Pension administration
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Background knowledge in Accounting or finance degree qualification (Preferably)
- Fully conversant with accounting procedures
- IT literate with an emphasis on financial systems, spreadsheets and Excel
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Self-motivated and pro-active in seeking out answers
- Ability to analyse complex information
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with employees and external contacts
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Finance Assistant, ACCA, CIMA, Accounts Assistant, Purchase Ledger, SAGE 200, SAGE50, Accounts Assistant, Financial Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Officer, Accounts Officer, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Assistant Accountant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Analyst, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control may also be considered for this role.